While everyone THINKS they know how the process of selling (or buying) a business works… the truth is:
1. The motivation to BUY a business is seldom money.
2. The motivation to SELL a business is seldom money.
3. Different buyers pay different prices.
4. Only the RIGHT buyer pays the RIGHT price.
5. No one pays more for anything than they believe it is worth.
6. Neither the Buyer, the Seller or their advisors know what a business is really worth. But they all will have an opinion!
7. The funny thing about buyers is…
They don’t expect your business to be perfect. What they really want is “all the right things to be wrong” with your business.
Are “all the right things wrong” with YOUR business? Give us a shout to find out!